State Federation Profile
The Georgia Federation affiliated with the NFRW in 1957. Following the Republican National Convention in 1956, Mrs. Harold McGeorge of Florida, regional director for the NFRW, and Margaret Twiggs, vice chairman of the Georgia Republican State Committee, toured the state organizing the first Republican women's clubs in Atlanta, Macon, Rome, Americus and Blue Ridge.
When General Eisenhower carried Richmond County, the Republican women were given the credit. The Georgia Federation's first convention was held in Augusta in January 1957, and President Eisenhower wired his congratulations.
One of the state's leading newspapers, The Atlanta Constitution, said, "The two-party system in Georgia gained momentum Monday when a state-wide organization of Republican Women was formed in Augusta."
We meet 3 times per year at various locations around Georgia. Check us out at http://www.gfrw.org and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GaFRW/
5607 Vinings Place Trail
Mableton, GA 30126
Education: Master of Public Administration/ University of Oklahoma Bachelors of Arts in Political Science / Niagara University
Business: The Etiquette School of Atlanta
Barbara authored two books: The Top 40 Tips of Business Etiquette and a children’s book, Ms. Sincerely Kind Goes Out and About (Where Good Manners Matter).
Service to Cobb County and Georgia:
• President / Cobb County Republican Women’s Club 2010 and 2014.
• 3rd Vice-President/ Georgia Federation of Republican Women
• Founder / Chairman /Coalition of Cobb County Business Associations (10)
• Board Member/ Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
• Board Member / Cobb Schools Superintendent Business Advisory
• Chairman / Founder /Cobb Diaper Day
• Chairman / Founder/Operation Warmth: Cobb
• Chairman / Constitution Day (Statewide)
• Member / Marietta Kiwanis Business and Public Affairs Committee
• Mentor / Cobb Young Professionals
Barbara and husband Jim have four children and four grandchildren. They returned to Georgia in 2000 after 27 years of service to Army soldiers and their families. Because of her instructor experience at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration ( NASA ), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Army Family Team Building (AFTB) program and training by The Protocol School of Washington, her family established The Etiquette School of Atlanta.
Send a Message to the State President